Miniature Trains and Live Steam at Narara, near Gosford, NSW, Australia
Toy trains you can ride!
Please also check our facebook page for any recent changes (e.g. closure due to heavy rain on the day, or the occasional extra run day.)
Questions we have been asked.
Scrapbook (pictures of recent activities)
Our members Newsletter
Trains in motion
View showing street names
A ride around our track
NEXT RUNNING DAYS
Regular runs: Saturdays -
1st July and
from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Don't forget your hat, some water, sunscreen and your camera, and for everyone who might be tempted to ride, fully covered shoes.
August: Regular visitors will specially enjoy our August day because we expect many visiting engines to be running.
Summary information about our track:
- Gauges: 7 1/4" (185mm) and 5" (125mm) mainly separate.
- Construction: rectangular steel bar on a continuous concrete bed, except for
bridges and our mangrove swamp trestle.
- Run length: several loops, the standard run is about 1km.
- Motive Power: Some engines are powered by steam, others may be driven
by battery powered electric motors or small internal combustion engines. Most
locomotives are owned by our members, and were built by their owners or by other amateurs.
- Visiting engines: Members of other clubs are welcome to visit our track. All AALS safety rules apply.
- Loading facilities: Low bank for loading from trailers (dual gauge); two elevating traversers for loading from anything (one dual gauge, one 7 1/4" only); two turntables (one dual gauge, one 7 1/4" only).
- Public running: First Saturday.
- Work days: other Saturdays, some Thursdays.
- Club meetings: Third Saturday lunch time.
- Private runs: Social clubs, school and charity groups and private parties may arrange special running days. Also it is possible to book tables for private parties on
ordinary running days. Please ask at the ticket table on any running day or refer to the contact information lower on this page.
We can take advanced bookings for tables in the party area. Prepayment is necessary before a table number will be allocated. This can be arranged by phoning the club on the usual number (0479 041 321). If any tables are still available at the start of a running day then visitors wishing to reserve one can come to the booking office to pay and then go over and choose any available table in the party area. There will be signs to show which are still available. |
Aerial view of our site, looking over Narara Creek towards Showground Road. The main entrance and station is at the top right, the running day car park entrance is between the trees at the far left.
Please wear shoes that cover your feet, otherwise you will not be allowed to ride.
We are Central Coast Steam Model Co-op. Ltd.
Club Track: Showground Road (opposite
Bellbowrie St), Narara, NSW.
Running Days: 1st Saturday of Every Month from 1100 hrs
(anyone expecting to ride the trains must wear fully covered footwear).
All correspondence to:
The Secretary, PO Box 692, GOSFORD, NSW, 2250.
Do you need accurate heavy-duty profile rail for your backyard railroad or garden tramway? Please see our ad here.
This page is being simplified for mobile use, sorry it it looks a little messy when viewed on a computer. This line last edited: 6th May 2017)