Miniature Trains and Live Steam at Narara, near Gosford, NSW, Australia
Toy trains you can ride!
Please also check our facebook page for any recent changes (e.g. closure due to heavy rain on the day, or the occasional extra run day.)
Questions we have been asked.
Scrapbook (pictures of recent activities)
Our members Newsletter
Trains in motion
View showing street names
A ride around our track
NEXT RUNNING DAYS
Regular runs: Saturdays
4th July and
from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Don't forget your hat, some water, sunscreen and your camera, and for everyone who might be tempted to ride, fully covered shoes.
Regular visitors will specially enjoy our August day because we expect many visiting engines to be running.
Summary information about our track:
- Gauges: 7 1/4" (185mm) and 5" (125mm) mainly separate.
- Construction: rectangular steel bar on a continuous concrete bed, except for
bridges and our mangrove swamp testle.
- Run length: several loops, the standard run is about 1km.
- Motive Power: Some engines are powered by steam, others may be driven
by battery powered electric motors or small internal combustion engines. Most
locomotives are owned by our members, and were built by their owners or by other amateurs.
- Visiting engines: Members of other clubs are welcome to visit our track. All AALS safety rules apply.
- Loading facilities: Low bank for loading from trailers (dual gauge); two elevating traversers for loading from anything (one dual gauge, one 7 1/4" only); two turntables (one dual gauge, one 7 1/4" only).
- Public running: First Saturday.
- Work days: other Saturdays, some Thursdays.
- Club meetings: Third Saturday lunch time.
- Private runs: Social clubs, school and charity groups and private parties may arrange special running days. Also we have a special station for private parties on
ordinary running days. Please ask at the ticket table on any running day or refer to the contact information lower on this page.
PARTIES FULLY BOOKED
Sorry everyone, but due to reduced capacity until we fix the flood issues we shall not be able to take any more party bookings until further notice. Party bookings as at 25 May 2015 will be honored. We expect that we shall be back up to full capacity by this time next year.|
Tables are fully booked for the next month or so, but we still have vacancies later in the year so it is worth calling to check.
1st and 2nd of August 2012.|
Birthday Run Gosford N.S.W
- Notice to fellow AALS members -
The Central Coast Steam Model Co-op invites you to our 34th Birthday Run to be held at our grounds at Narara 5kms north of Gosford.
For further details please contact the secretary on 0432 499 220.
- Saturday public running from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm then private running until late. Sunday is private running from 11.00am.
- Compresed air, 240V and 12v available in our covered steaming bay. Char, water and unleaded petrol provided. AALS code of practice applies so bring your boiler certificate and membership card.
- Morning and afternoon teas and canteen open for lunch on Saturday. Saturday night dinner (TBC) for those who want to stay.
Aerial view of our site, looking over Narara Creek towards Showground Road. The main entrance and station is at the top right, the running day car park entrance is at the far left.
We are Central Coast Steam Model Co-op. Ltd.
Club Track: Showground Road (opposite
Bellbowrie St), Narara, NSW.
Running Days: 1st Saturday of Every Month from 1100 hrs
(anyone expecting to ride the trains must wear fully covered footwear).
All correspondence to:
The Secretary, PO Box 692, GOSFORD, NSW, 2250.
This was our background image but was moved here in 2015 to allow the page to display more easily on a smart phone (they did not exist when John built this engine!).
This page is being simplified for mobile use, sorry it it looks a little messy when viewed on a computer. (25 May 2015)