Calendar. Please also check our facebook page for any recent changes (e.g. closure due to heavy rain on the day, or the occasional extra run day.)
Questions we have been asked.
Scrapbook (pictures of recent activities)
Our members Newsletter
Trains in motion
Aerial view of our track
View showing street names
A ride around our track
Links to other sites (quite old)
Central Coast Steam Model Co-op. Ltd.
Club Track: Showground Road (opposite
Bellbowrie St), Narara, NSW.
Running Days: 1st Saturday of Every Month from 1100 hrs
(anyone expecting to ride the trains must wear fully covered footwear).
All correspondence to:
The Secretary, PO Box 692, GOSFORD, NSW, 2250.
Summary information about our track:
- Gauges: 7 1/4" (185mm) and 5" (125mm) mainly separate.
- Construction: rectangular steel bar on a continuous concrete bed, except for
bridges and our mangrove swamp testle.
- Run length: several loops, the standard run is about 1km.
- Motive Power: Some engines are powered by steam, others may be driven
by battery powered electric motors or small internal combustion engines. Most
locomotives are owned by our members, and were built by their owners or by other amateurs.
- Visiting engines: Members of other clubs are welcome to visit our track. All
AALS safety rules apply.
- Loading facilities: Low bank for loading from trailers (dual gauge); two elevating traversers for loading from anything (one dual gauge, one 7 1/4" only); two turntables (one dual gauge, one 7 1/4" only).
- Public running: First Saturday.
- Work days: other Saturdays, some Thursdays.
- Club meetings: Third Saturday lunch time.
- Private runs: Social clubs, school and charity groups and private parties may
arrange special running days. Also we have a special station for private parties on
ordinary running days. Please ask at the ticket table
on any running day or refer to the contact information on the left of this page.
NEXT RUNNING DAYS
Special extra run: Saturday 28th February
Regular runs: Saturdays
4th April (Easter) and
from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Don't forget your hat, some water, sunscreen and your camera, and for everyone who might be tempted to ride, fully covered shoes.